Thursday, November 22, 2007

Rio de Janeiro!!

I made it! finally in Rio after one very long trip across the pacific.

I arrived just in time too! Achille met me at the airport and has offered me some shelter for the coming nights. Met his charming Brasilian girlfriend Rosana back at the house and settled into my room.

After a quick change we darted out under a starry sky to drive along a desolated Copacabana & Ipanema and finally settle down to watch Brazil beat Uruguay 2-1 last drinking Cachaça and eating some amazing meat next to the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, Rio's internal lagune.

Rio's somewhat familiar roads remind me of parts of Houston for the vegetation, but the feel is more european, italian even.



The streets are lit up like those of the ligurian Riviera with dashes of Palma di Mallorca.


All in all a wonderful first impression, I'm posting the view from my bedroom 'cos you can see the Cristo Redentor!


Let you know more when it happens to me.
Ciao!

No comments: